HSBC Sri Lanka offers relief to Personal and Corporate Customers and community amidst COVID-19
HSBC, the largest international bank in Sri Lanka, is offering a range of relief measures for its personal and corporate customers given the challenges presented by the ongoing novel-Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic. The bank announced that it will provide these relief measures with immediate effect. This will be further backed by community relief measures to help the local healthcare authorities combat the outbreak.
HSBC Sri Lanka remains committed to supporting the community in adversity. Speaking further Mark Prothero, CEO of HSBC Sri Lanka and Maldives said, “The Novel-Coronavirus will have considerable health and economic impacts across the country. Its impact on businesses, especially on global trade and supply chains and the financial well-being of personal customers is likely to be significant. The safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff remains our first priority. We also want to offer support to our customers as they navigate these uncertain times. We stand with people of Sri Lanka today, that’s why we are announcing further community relief measures to support the healthcare sector to help combat this unprecedented outbreak”.
The relief measures introduced by HSBC Sri Lanka for Personal and Corporate customers to endure market uncertainties include the following:
Personal Banking customers
HSBC will offer three critical relief measures as follows;
I. Payment assistance and additional liquidity to all Personal Banking customers
• Given the challenges around access to payment points, Credit Card payment due dates for all cards have been extended until the next statement due date and Late Payment Fees have been waived off.
• 0% Interest repayment plans up to 6 months on all medical expenses over Rs10,000
• The bank will waive off all cheque return fees until further notice
• Full waiver on early withdrawal of LKR time deposits
II. Providing customers easy access and convenience for their everyday banking needs
• Free online self-registrations to enjoy HSBC Internet and Mobile Banking
• All digital banking services via HSBC Mobile Banking and Online and transactions will be free of charge (no fees) for all personal customers of HSBC.
• Access at over 4,000 Lanka Clear and VISA Plus ATMs to all Premier and Advance customers free of charge.
III. Hardship and forbearance support to any affected customer:
• Suspension of credit card payments up to 3 months and concessions on Credit Card interest rates up to 50% for a period of 6 months
• Debt moratoriums on Personal Loans repayments up to 6 months
• We are fully committed to implement all relief programmes proposed by the Government upon further direction from the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Customers who are medically or financially affected can contact the bank’s COVID- 19 support team on 011-5388100 or e-mail us on [email protected] for further assistance.